Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Funny Stories- First Post of Many

One of the big reasons I wanted to start a blog is because occasionally people will remind me of hilarious stories of things my kids did or said that I had totally forgotten about. I want to be able to tell them about the funny stuff that makes them who they are-- and I'm worried that this is not going to happen at the rate I'm going-- so starting now, I will try to write all the stories in the blog. We shall see how it goes, but I think I will have a weekly or monthly post that is just funny stories, or funny pictures chronicling life in the Meagher home!

Oh, and I am just stealing from my Facebook posts and emails to renee, because I am pretty sure that's where all the funny is, as I mentioned, I don't remember anything.

As we were sitting in the living room talking one night Jackson randomly stands up and says, "I feel a song coming on! Let me go get my guitar!" Hecka funny!



Oh this is going to be fun! I am laughing already!



Jackson has wanted a tree house for a while now and he's still mastering the English language-- so the other day he comes into Fred and I and says, " I have two questions. Number one: Build a tree house; number two: climb the tree to get into the treehouse."

Fred, without missing a beat said, "number three, neither of those are questions." He then explained to Jackson exactly what a question is, about how your tone should rise at the end of a question, and how certain words are question words...

Jackson thought for a moment and said, "okay, I have two questions. Build me a treehouse... please? Was that a question?" It was pretty funny!



One of my facebook posts from March "one of my daycare kids just got hit in the head and said, 'it's okay, it was just a jack-cident not sure if I should laugh or cry" I had totally forgotten about that, hecka funny!




Another post from March, " I love it that I sent Colby into the back yard with two matching shoes, and when he returned with the same shoe on the left foot, but a different one on the right. I asked him, pointing to the (pointing to his right foot) "where's your other shoe?" he looked at me like I was crazy and pointed to his left foot. It was too funny!"


One day Fred and I were painting the kids' bedroom while they were watching TV. After a while, I went to go check on them, and they were no longer watching tv. I walked through the house looking for them and finally found them in my bathroom on the floor with a full 1/2 gallon of ice cream, 2 bottles of water and 2 spoons, with ice cream all over their faces. It was a picnic. Too funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment