Monday, July 26, 2010

Fourth of July

So, we went to Ann Morrison for 4th of July. A growing repertoire of great memories including fireworks in the sky and great company made this patriotic holiday my favorite of the year. I love sitting around talking and playing (one of the great memories includes someone playing guitar and everyone singing while waiting... I'm just sayin') So I have been excited about the 4th for quite some time now, and it really was as fun as I had built it up to be! My kids are in that fun place where everything is fun with them, and Drew and Clara were awesome company!

In case your first question is, "Why is Fred making that face?" My answer to you is, I can never answer that question, although I ask it all the time. I can say that I think he was posing the "I'm really enjoying these fireworks, and I have no idea someone is taking a picture of me!" While Colby and I apparently didn't get the memo that this was supposed to be our pose.

Just for the record, I think this may be my favorite family picture ever!
















Then we went home and Fred lit our fireworks.






The kids thought these were fantastic and had a blast watching!








Colby was not as impressed with the loud ones-- Fred insisted on getting Picolo Petes.





























The kids had lots of fun playing with sparklers although, just when I thought Colby had gotten the hang of the sparklers, he touched the flame and said "Hot!" He didn't have any interest in the sparklers after that, which was fine, because we were out! They had fun while it lasted though!





Jack was a natural and enjoyed every moment of the sparklers!
























No comments:

Post a Comment